The Youth Empowerment Committee seeks to foster a community where youth thrive. We aim to reduce the community risk factors that contribute to youth substance abuse while increasing community resources that build protection and resiliency. The committee involves school professionals, youth serving organizations, parents, health and public health professionals, law enforcement, business owners, government and community partners, working together to:
- Educate youth, parents, schools and communities on the negative effects of youth substance abuse. Check out our resources.
- Advocate for increased prevention services, including upstream, asset building strategies that build resilience (i.e. access to health and behavioral health services).
- Reduce promotion of alcohol and marijuana to minors.
- Reduce underage access to alcohol and marijuana.
- Ensure fair and appropriate accountability for underage users and enabling adults, including robust intervention and treatment options.
The Youth Empowerment committee meets the first Wednesday of the month from 3:30pm – 5pm
Due to our organization’s response to COVID, all meetings are held virtually for the time being. To be added to our virtual meeting invitation, connect with Clair Raujol.