Information & Resources
The links below give you, as a parent, the facts and essential information about the harmful effects of use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs among youth and young adults. You can also find blog posts with actionable steps on how to communicate the subject of drugs and alcohol with your children.
- Community Toolkit
- Marijuana & Mental Health
- Big Village Marijuana Policy Presentation
- DePaul Treatment Centers Marijuana Presentation
- Legacy Health – Marijuana & The Adolescent Presentation
- Stay True To You
- City of Portland Marijuana Policy Program
- SAMHSA Tips For Teens Fact Sheets
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- Drug Guide
- Parent Toolkit
- The Teen Brain
- Guide & Resources
- I Think My Child Is Using (5 Steps)
- I Know My Child Is Using (5 Steps)
- Help For Teens
- Parents Guide
- Portland Resources
- Get the Facts
- Start the Conversation
- Every Conversation Counts
- Parents & Educators
- Preventing Drug Use among Children and Adolescents (In Brief)
- Drugs, Brains, and Behavior: The Science of Addiction
- How to Talk To Your Kids About Substance Abuse
Learn about the harmful effects of alcohol and other drug use through interactive self-exploration quizzes, facts and information from experts.
These links focus on the issues on underage drinking and alcohol abuse.
- Parent Resources
- Answer Your Child’s Tough Questions About Alcohol
- Family Agreement Form: Avoiding Alcohol
- Why Your Child Might Start Drinking
- What You Can Do To Prevent Your Child From Drinking
- Why You Should Talk With Your Child About Alcohol
- Why Small Conversations Make A Big Impression
- The Consequences of Underage Drinking
- How to Tell If Your Child Is Drinking Alcohol
- Five Conversation Goals
- Help For Talking About Alcohol
Specific information targeted for the effects of marijuana use.
- Marijuana Talk Kit
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know
- Frequently Asked Questions About Marijuana
- Facts About Marijuana
- A Parent’s Guide to Preventing Underage Marijuana Use
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
If you have any questions regarding alcohol and other drugs, Big Village’s activities in the community, or the programs and resources available, please feel free reach out to me by filling out the form on the left. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.